Help

Re: Remove items in list B from list A

Solved
Jump to Solution
1276 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Forster
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

List A: the, cat on, was not, sat on

List B: cat on, sat on

output: the, was not

EDIT: List A & B are linked fields. Linked to the same original field.

I want to implement this functionality. It is achievable using a SUBSTITUTE on list B to add the relevant REGEX characters []* etc.

This substitute would be placed in a REGEX_REPLACE to remove all the words in list B.

I know it’s doable - but I struggling with the regex. Can anyone help please?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I did a write here.

See Solution in Thread

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Sorry, but after your edit it's totally unclear. Linked fields are linked to tables, not fields. So how many tables..... but wait, maybe it doesn't matter. Just use the same formula with CONCATENATE({Field Name}) instead of just {Field Name}

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I did a write here.

Great solution, but unfortunately this doesn't appear to work with Linked fields. I've tried rollup on linked fields to with no luck either.

Screenshots? What are you rollup formulas?

Simon_Forster
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Rolling up a linked list. Guessing that's the problem. It's not an array.

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Sorry, but after your edit it's totally unclear. Linked fields are linked to tables, not fields. So how many tables..... but wait, maybe it doesn't matter. Just use the same formula with CONCATENATE({Field Name}) instead of just {Field Name}

Screen shots of all the fields involved showing exact field types and formulas would help. Including screenshots of the fields you are rolling up. Screenshots make it very clear what the field types are, and screenshots of formulas reveal other things. There also could be hidden spaces that screenshots don’t show, but screenshots are still useful. 

You could just try forcing items to strings as Alexey suggests and see if it works. But if you have lookups anywhere in the system, it may not solve your issues. 

Simon_Forster
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks - between all three of you i've managed to solve this - it was a "type" problem and CONCATing at the right place worked. It's complex so between 5 different tables so wasn't really something easily shared, nor was the information shareable.

 

Thanks for the help and patience. I've not got a load of commas to remove.