727 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunsathiya
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking for a way to use the REPLACE() formula function to replace values in a Multi-select column with different values on a new column.

For example:

The original column contains column Type of question with multi-select values bug-report, enhancement.

Can we create a new column called Type of question (new) with the corresponding new values: bug-report-new and enhancement-new?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I would use the SUBSTITUTE() function instead: SUBSTITUTE({Type of Question},'bug-report','bug-report-new')
^ This simple formula will work, but you’ll have to nest a bunch of SUBSTITUTE()s to account for each multi-select option possible.

So try something like this: IF({Type of Question},SUBSTITUTE({Type of Question},',','-new,')&'-new')
^ that formula will add a ‘-new’ to the end of any field option you have., which is handy if you have quite a few or will need to add more options in the future since this formula will account for new options automatically/

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I would use the SUBSTITUTE() function instead: SUBSTITUTE({Type of Question},'bug-report','bug-report-new')
^ This simple formula will work, but you’ll have to nest a bunch of SUBSTITUTE()s to account for each multi-select option possible.

So try something like this: IF({Type of Question},SUBSTITUTE({Type of Question},',','-new,')&'-new')
^ that formula will add a ‘-new’ to the end of any field option you have., which is handy if you have quite a few or will need to add more options in the future since this formula will account for new options automatically/

^ This simple formula will work, but you’ll have to nest a bunch of SUBSTITUTE() s to account for each multi-select option possible.

This format helped, thank you! I ended up nesting the formula for my replacements. :white_check_mark: