cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daria_Jelcic
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please help!

I did the most idiotic thing you could imagine — I deleted my entire workspace!

I have one base there that is my entire business. How can I retrieve it? I know that there are snapshots but how can I locate them when the workspace has been deleted? Please help… the tech support could take days to get back to me and I have clients to deal with.

4 Replies 4

I’m so sorry this happened to you!

It’s very possible that tech support has some magic power & magic capability to bring back your workspace from the grave, but as far as us users go:

Unfortunately, we have absolutely no ability to restore a workspace nor restore a database once we delete them (after the 7-second grace period has passed).

In my personal opinion, this is one of the most critical flaws & most gigantic drawbacks & most highly-alarming problems with the Airtable platform: ZERO BUILT-IN BACKUPS.

Even Airtable’s built-in “snapshot” feature isn’t reliable nor dependable, because Airtable only SPORADICALLY takes snapshots at highly-random times of its own choosing.

This complete lack of reliable or consistent backups makes Airtable a terrible choice for businesses to use, in my personal opinion & personal experience. Without reliable backups, many of the businesses that I work with don’t feel comfortable migrating from their existing database systems to Airtable.

For future databases that you might create, the excellent folks at Openside have created an automated way for you to export your data to a CSV or JSON file on a regular basis, but note that it costs $50 per month, and even this isn’t a “complete backup” because it doesn’t export your images nor your formulas nor your database structure: How to set up automatic external backups for Airtable in 20 minutes

Wish I had better news to share with you!

Thank you for your response.

I will most definitely look into your external backups for airtable.

Thanks again,
Daria

Daria_Jelcic

AIRTABLE restored my workspace and my base for me!

Thank you!

Wow, nice!! Great to hear!!