cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Weigle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Howdy!

I’m putting the final touches on the asset management system that I am building, and I’m just a little stuck with one element that I want to incorporate.

What I’m looking to do involves two tables: The Assets table, and the Sign Out Log. On the Assets table, I have a field showing the current status of an asset. When someone fills out the Sign Out Log, the status changes to “Checked Out.” When they complete the Sign In Log, the status changes to “Available.”

I’d like to be able to pull the name of the person who most recently has that asset, IF the checked out column on the Assets table reads as Checked Out.

I’m not sure if I should use a standard formula or some kind of rollup feature. Anyone have any guidance as to how I should proceed?

Thank you!!

3 Replies 3

Two steps:

1. In [Sign Out Log], create a formula field called {Current Sign Out} with the formula IF({Status}='Checked Out',{Person})
  2. In [Assets], create a lookup field that follows the link to [Sign Out Log] and retrieves the value of {Current Sign Out}
David_Weigle

The field on the Asset table shows the list of everyone who signed out that asset after doing this. Is there any way to narrow that down to only the most recent result?

Update: I created a Rollup field on the Assets table identifying the most recent time the item was signed out. I want to now create another field next to it showing who the person was that signed it out at that most recent time. Should I use another rollup? And if so, what formula should I use?

David_Weigle

Another update: I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks @W_Vann_Hall for your help!