Help

Re: Return one item from lookup list if the next item in the list is the same as the first

Solved
Jump to Solution
937 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey_Cummings
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My base is for keeping track of genealogy research projects.

The Main Table is a list of projects that links to a People Table and a Timeline Table

People Table:
Has columns for First, Last and Middle name.
Has a column that concatenates to list the Full Name and the Primary record field

AT_People

Timeline Table
Each record is linked to a project from the Main table and a person. The same person can be linked to multiple timeline records
Has a lookup column to display the Full Name field from the People Table

AT_TimeLine

Main Table
Lookup pulls the Full Name from the Timeline Table and repeats it since a person can be linked to multiple records in the Time Line

AT_MainTable

I want to create a new column in the Main Table that lists the Full Name only once. Something like this: List the first name in the list, if the second one is identical, then don’t list it, etc. through the list of names in the lookup column.

I’ve really had good luck finding formulas for what I want to do by searching the forum, but not having luck on this one. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Stacey

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Stacey_Cummings,

Try a Rollup field instead of Lookup field and use the ArrayUnique

BR,
Mo

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Stacey_Cummings,

Try a Rollup field instead of Lookup field and use the ArrayUnique

BR,
Mo

Mo,
That worked perfect! I’m learning a lot from everyone who has a lot more experience than I do with formulas. I haven’t even begun looking at rollups, or understanding when to use which one, more to learn!

Thank you again,
Stacey

Im glad it worked Stacey :slightly_smiling_face: