342 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pints_Run
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I organize a Run group that uses Airtable to login runners each week, via a form entry from a "Check-Ins" table. This form pulls data (names) from a larger "Runner List" that keeps track of all registered runners that have ever logged in. The "Check-Ins" table tracks the weekly login for each run and then syncs back to the "Runner List" master sheet that tallies their cumulative runs they've attended. I'm looking to create a new table that tells us how many new runners show up each week.

Logic would be that the new table looks to the "Runner List" Table and searches any values that have the "Total Runs" column (which is a formula that sums all of their weekly run logins) equal to "1" and also where the check-in is the current date.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

2 Replies 2

I think if I were you I'd create a "Created time" field in the "Runner List" table and use that instead, where any record created this week would be a new runner

I'd then create an automation that would run once a week, and its action would be to find all records created this week, and create a record in that new table you mentioned with the date the automation ran and the number of found records

Harleen_Bedi1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I appreciate the solution shared by Timsharingco. I would have built the same way.

Here’s alternative incase you want to optimise automations using looping group automation 

• Create new table with week-year combination
  • Create a formula field in check-ins table to calculate the week-year combination
  • Create a past week checkbox to identify all check-ins that happened last week using if week today-1 is week of check-in
  • Create a view using this checkbox
  • Run looping group automation to link week-year combination to weekly check-ins group

Harleen