cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I can't find the issue here that is preventing what i thought would be a very simple table calculation.

I have a table called Deals with many different fields but one of them is a currency field that i want to use a rollup field in another table to calculate the sum of the values in this currency field.

I'm stumped as to what i am missing here but all i get are zero values. I tried to workaround the currency field by making a formula field that just turns the currency values into normal integers but no luck.

I attached a few screenshots for context, hopefully someone can see what i'm missing.

Thanks,

Alec

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Yes, and that looks correct! But there are no records in the field. There needs to be records in the Deals Link field within your pipeline stats for the summary to occur. Otherwise, it doesn't know what it's summing.

In the image here, it's only doing the sum on the records that are linked

Screenshot 2023-08-31 093942.png

See Solution in Thread

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I'd look a little closer. I think you are adding the new deal record to the stat record.

You should try adding the stat record to the new deal record.

See Solution in Thread

10 Replies 10
Jake_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Alec I've looked at your pictures but its difficult for me to see what the problem is this way.  If you want to hop on a quick call with me you can do that here.   Would be happy to help!

Hi Jake,

I went ahead and scheduled a call for this afternoon - thanks.

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Alec ,

In the table that sums your values, there needs to be linked records in the Deals Link field (Linked Record) for the calculation to occur.

See examples here:

Screenshot 2023-08-31 093936.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 093949.png

  

Alec
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Zack,

I do have that link set up already:

Alec_0-1693489750337.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 14.48.45.png

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Yes, and that looks correct! But there are no records in the field. There needs to be records in the Deals Link field within your pipeline stats for the summary to occur. Otherwise, it doesn't know what it's summing.

In the image here, it's only doing the sum on the records that are linked

Alec
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Zack! that solved it.

My issue now is that i had to manually link all those deals in order to get the stats to calculate properly, but new deals are being added all the time. 

I tried to create an automation to link a new deal to that specific record, it overrides all the other linked items instead of just adding the new linked deal.

Can you think of a way around this?

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You should be able to use an automation and basically do it in reverse. 

1. When new record (deal) is created
  2. Update record (deal)
  3. Use the record id of the stats record

Zack_S_0-1693493361580.png

You can get the record id by using a formula

Zack_S_1-1693493385905.png

Alec
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That's exactly what i did, but it overrides all the other linked records with the new one, rather than just adding it

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I'd look a little closer. I think you are adding the new deal record to the stat record.

You should try adding the stat record to the new deal record.