Help

Rollup or Sum in Sheet B of Numbers in Sheet A (when name matches)

Topic Labels: Formulas Workflow Design
100 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyebrooks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all! 
I am attempting to utilize data from "Sheet A" (specifically item names and quantities) and SUM the "Quantity" in "Sheet B" when the "item name" from Sheet A matches the "item name" from Sheet B. 

Is this possible in Airtable? I've played around with a few different formulas and field types but none have successfully produced what I'm looking for. I've also created a grouped view in Sheet A that groups by Item Name and it shows the Sum in that view if that helps.

If possible, I would prefer for it to be a clean formula/rollup/link/or just about any other method than manually looking up the info from one sheet and keying it into another. 

To clarify - all of this information is housed in one Base just multiple sheets.

Any assistance is appreciated! 

1 Reply 1

Hmm, assuming you've got a link between the two tables we should be able to just add a rollup field like so:

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 9.29.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 9.29.48 AM.png

---
If the data's keyed in row by row, then selecting the item via the linked field seems like an alright workflow?

If the data all already exists, you quickly link all the data together by:
1. In Sheet A, Click the field header with the unique item names  thereby selecting the entire column
2. Hit CTRL / CMD + C
3. In Sheet A, click the field header for the linked field to Sheet B
4. Hit CTRL / CMD + V

This'll automatically link everything up and the rollup in Sheet B will populate the way you want!

Link to base