1067 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darryl_Oliver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My attempts to use a value from a Rollup field in the record Name field result in a circular reference error. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Darryl_Oliver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Jacob at Airtable Support helped me resolve this. There was no obvious circular reference, but the issue was apparently caused by using formulas to create primary field names in the related table that referenced the primary field name in the host table. The circular reference was caused by the rollup because it was referencing the linked records; whose names were referencing the host table. Don't worry, I'm confused too. 😕

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

You haven’t provided enough detail to determine whether or not this is a bug.

What are all the relevant fields, and what are the formulas used in those fields?

Rollup Formula - Formatted as currency with no decimals.
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.45.48 PM

Name Formula
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.46.43 PM

Darryl_Oliver
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Jacob at Airtable Support helped me resolve this. There was no obvious circular reference, but the issue was apparently caused by using formulas to create primary field names in the related table that referenced the primary field name in the host table. The circular reference was caused by the rollup because it was referencing the linked records; whose names were referencing the host table. Don't worry, I'm confused too. 😕