cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papabean
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

Excuse me if there is an easy solution for this.

I would like to be able to auto-populate my “price for ad” field based on my single select column “ad size.”

There are 31 different selections and 31 different prices. Do I need to write a formula for each selection and the price, or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

The formula that I am trying is:

IF({Ad Size}=“10x10 PBPost”,1108.50)

I’m having no trouble with the formula running, but it is not returning any values to the formula column.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Brandon. The most “maintainable” way to accomplish your goal is to create another table (with Ad Size as the primary field) and link to it (will change your single select to Link field) in your current table. This other table will have a price field (at least) which you can then bring into your current table as a lookup field. Then, changing price is as easy as editing it in your ad price table - no ginormous formula to maintain.

Good luck!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Brandon. The most “maintainable” way to accomplish your goal is to create another table (with Ad Size as the primary field) and link to it (will change your single select to Link field) in your current table. This other table will have a price field (at least) which you can then bring into your current table as a lookup field. Then, changing price is as easy as editing it in your ad price table - no ginormous formula to maintain.

Good luck!

Wow…thank you so much. Exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it!