480 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Lane_Boy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know how to stop the cells I copy information into (i.e. drag cell down the column to save the same in all) from merging into one cell on the copied page?

5 Replies 5

I’m not sure what you are asking. Are you saying that when you drag-to-copy a value from one cell into many, that those records (rows) are all being moved into a grouping on the view?

Or are you saying that you want to exclude certain records (rows) when you drag-to-copy a value from one cell down many rows?

Or are you saying something else entirely?

Hi Jeremy, so we are a recruiting company and use Airtable to track our candidate campaigns. The activity we have in our main base page is communicated over to a Candidate Dashboard the employers have a link to on a separate page in the base. We are switching candidates from status to status, sometimes in bulk (i.e. dragging down “Hired” status from “Written Offer”). When we pull down a cell to be copied in the below cells for that column, the information translated onto the Candidate Dashboard gets lumped into one row. For example if i were to change 5 candidate’s status at once by pulling down the top one’s status (from the little box on the bottom right corner of the cell), it ends up going into one row on the Dashboard. Does that make sense?

Hi @Ashley_Lane_Boyle

Can you take a screenshot of both tables please? I believe I understand what you are getting at and I believe this would be something you have to change from the 2nd table (Candidate Dashboard).

Best Regards,
Mo

Ashley_Lane_Boy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to upload photos to this conversation but its is not allowing me to. :frowning:

Hi @Ashley_Lane_Boyle

The reason you cannot post photos is because you need to have the “Basic” badge. Read some more topics in the Community and retry. You can also send me a link to the table if you want. Mohamedswellam@gmail.com