cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Airtable-Community

A record is always automatically created in this table if the kick-off or planned completion date changes. At the top is always the data that was entered when the project was created. Below that, an entry is created every time something changes in the timeline.

Now I would like to have an additional field that only shows the changes to the timeline.

Example:

Initial project timeline at creation: 01.09.24-31.12.24

Change of the timeline to: 01.09.24- 30.01.25

Displayed date field 01.01.25-30.01.25

mirkolando_0-1724319076541.png

I would then like to display this in a timeline: At best somehow on top of each other so that you can easily see how the timeline changes.

mirkolando_1-1724319105260.png

best regards

Mirko

3 Replies 3

Try:
1. Create two new fields to store the "Start" and "End" dates, call them "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" or something
2. Create an automation that'll trigger when the Start or End date is updated, and its action will be to:
   a) If the "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" fields are not empty:  
    - Create a new record where the "Start" and "End" dates are the "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" values
    - Update record action to replace the "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" values with the current "Start" and "End" dates
  b) If the "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" fields are empty: 
    - Update record action to replace the "Start - Historical" and "End - Historical" values with the current "Start" and "End" dates

mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo , 

thank you for your answer. I Think this could work. 

Do you also have an idea on how to display the information in a view. I would love to have a timeline view and the actual change on top of it. For example something like this: 

mirkolando_0-1724408821294.png

Best

Mirko 

Hmm, instead of creating the new record with the historical start and end time, you'd need to do some math to figure out where the difference was and then use that value instead I reckon.  That way you could get that shaded bit at the end there