cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Rhoads
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello All!

I’m using a formula to concatenate different dates an area was worked on as the record ID. In one tab I have all the offices and all of the associated data with them, and in the other I have a submissions page that’s linked to the office page. My problem is some of them concatenate as “AreaName” - Date and others are AreaName - Date. I have attached some screenshots for a visual.

Thank you for your help!

AirtableCommunityP3
AirtableCommunityP2
AirtableCommunityP1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That means that you have hidden characters somewhere within the area name for those records. So you’ll need to manually cleanup those area names.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That means that you have hidden characters somewhere within the area name for those records. So you’ll need to manually cleanup those area names.

Thank you! I had to end up resetting all the names.

For future reference, you could have also used TRIM({Area}) to remove extra spaces at the start and end of the text.

I believe TRIM() will only work for spaces. Last time a client of mine had this problem with quotation marks, there were lots of invisible characters of some sort (that weren’t considered spaces) that were causing this problem.

Ben_Watts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I get the same issue using the following
IF({_Uniclass System}=BLANK(),{Uniclass Products},{_Uniclass System}) the fields its looking at don’t have “” in them