2335 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denis_Filion
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Subrecords is the one aspect I don't like in Air Table and I am struggling with a case right now. Maybe somebody has a smart and simple solution. I feel my design is flawed but I did not find any other practical way to work this.

Let's say I have
TABLE A
Field 1: Location name (text)
Field 2: Sub-location name (text)
Field 3: [Field 1] & [Field 2] (calculation field)
Field 4:: A chekmark field to filter out sub-records, so I can a list of records without seing all the time I repeat Field 1.

TABLE B
Field 1: Area code (text)
Field 2: [TABLE A Field 3] (linked)

What I would like is a list of unique records of Table A Field 1, with all the linked records in Table B Field 1.

And I can't seem to find a simple solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahh, yes, with the way you've got it set up you'd need a table just for "Main" locations, and you'd create a lookup field for the scenes.  You can convert your "Decor" field into a linked field and select "Create a new table" and that should do it:

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.07.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.06.38 PM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Could you provide screenshots of your tables and the relevant fields, as well as an example of how you'd want the data to be formatted in an ideal scenario?

Once I know how your data is set up and how you want it to look eventually I may be able to suggest something

Denis_Filion
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sure, thanks for taking some time for my small problem.

If you look at the screenshot, you'll see three text fields. A "Main" location (A), a "sub-location" (B), a field calculated from both fields (A+B) and linked records from another table. A+B is the main field (and is unique for each record).

What I would like is to have, somewhere, a list of the main locations with the linked records of all their "sub-locations".

In this example, that would mean a way to show :

"Centre-ville" , and "9.15, 9.16, 9.17, 9.31, 9.44, 10.19, 11.13, 12.15"

"Route de campagne", and "11.11, 13.46".

Capture_d'écran_-_12_mars__3_18_PM.jpg

I thought the "Main locations" should have a table of their own (I thought) but i am struggling to structure the thing correctly. 

Ahh, yes, with the way you've got it set up you'd need a table just for "Main" locations, and you'd create a lookup field for the scenes.  You can convert your "Decor" field into a linked field and select "Create a new table" and that should do it:

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.07.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.06.38 PM.png

Link to base

Denis_Filion
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Beautiful, thank you!