Help

Airtable Cobuilder is here! Learn more about our new no-code app creation feature, powered by AI on the Airtable Academy

Re: Today() should be today?

1355 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_B2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

John_B2_0-1671301249278.png

It is currently the 18th Dec in NZ. The field I have called TodayNZ is a calc "Today()". It is formatted as NZ time zone. Is  there any reason why it comes up as the 17th Dec?

4 Replies 4

The value for "TODAY()" is set to GMT+0 on the server.  I think what may be happening is that it's technically still the 17th on GMT+0, and so the value of `TODAY()` is 17 Dec, 12am GMT+0

With that field set to Pacific/Auckland, it's +13, so 12am + 13 hours = 17 Dec 1pm

You could try doing a formula field of `DATEADD(TODAY(), 13, 'hours')` perhaps?  Don't take my word for it though, timezone stuff makes me go crosseyed heh

Thanks Adam. I'm currently using

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE(LEFT(NOW(),10)),11,"h")
It's driving me nuts and no doubt I'll have to adjust the formula as the day goes on... you somehow have to remove the time from the result so that only the date remains.
It would be nice if Airtable provided a date only field rather than datetime.
I've also noticed that with a calculated date you have an option to remove the time from the display and still select the timezone however with a date field when you remove the time you no longer have the timezome selection. Another odd one is that the sample output shows the correct date.
John_B2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

John_B2_0-1671391176178.png

As per above comment, when you have a calculated date and remove the time, the timezone is still selectable however when it's a date field and the time is removed, the timezone cannot be selected.

Yeah, it's a bit of a headache.  Glad you managed to figure a solution out though even if it's pretty painful!