cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vorbert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

New to Airtable and have been experimenting with it, together with ChatGPT and reading the community treads.

I'm trying to create a system for my new video production company, where I'd like to add single or multiple freelancers to each project and set their day rates and number of days worked. Ideally I would have a default value, but I want to be able to set different day rates for different freelancers even if they are working on the same project. 

This would be helpful to track what each of my projects costs (I have an Expenses table as well) and I want to incorporate these to a Cashflow table later.

I have a Freelancers and a Projects table so far, they are linked to each other. 

ChatGPT and Bard recommended me to use formulas that try to reference fields from the linked tables, but as I read it here, that is not even possible.

What would be the best way to go about it?

Many thanks,
vorbert

1 Reply 1
Marcelo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi !

I'll explain for the case of different rates for freelancers:

Create 2 tables: projects and people

link them by a relation column

in the people table add the column for rate or price

then, in the project table, you can create a lookup column to search the rate of each person you assigned.

if you need some help for your that database, i can help you as a freelance consultant.