347 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airtabler1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable Community! I am looking for a way to pull values from multiple columns into a single cell. The setup is as follows:

Airtabler1_0-1705946864907.png

I have a list of countries, and each country has a team comprised of people from multiple departments. The departments each have their own table in the base, so when I create a table of Country Teams, each line item (country) has multiple departments that it's pulling from. In the example above, the bolded columns represent linked records. I need help creating the "Team List" column and eventually the "Team Email List" column (which will likely use a Lookup or Rollup function to pull emails from the different Department tables). But I have been having trouble figuring out how to create a column that pulls values from multiple columns across an entry. Can anyone help with this? Thank you!

2 Replies 2
ksaycdc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It might be a little more work but I've done this (possibly the hard way) for my company.

Create a table for an employee registry (name, role, email, country, etc), and a table for departments. Then on the department table, use the field "Link to another record" to tag each employee to the country/department. It will ask if you want to add a look up field, select email.

Airtabler1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for your response! I don't think this would quite work for me, because I need the employee's "identities" to live in their respective department tables, rather than in a registry.

The workaround I've found is to use a CONCATENATE formula to just pull the text from the email lookup fields I have for each department in my Countries table. It's not perfect, but it does give me a list that I can copy/paste, which is ultimately what I needed.