Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Trigger recurring automatic email sent based off a deadline date

Topic Labels: Formulas
328 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi community,
I need some help in regards to triggering a reminder for an inventory base. I’ve got it working for a 1 month basis but needs to be recurring every month.
For example:
I receive a product that has 9 cartons, on a date 11/20/2021 (Date Received), but i charge a storage fee every month this product doesn’t get shipped out. I set a 1 month deadline date of 12/20/2021 (Storage Deadline). I have a column that has # CTNS (what originally was received) and a column that shows CTNS SHIPPED and CTNS LEFT
My formula is as follows:

IF({Storage Deadline}, IF(
 AND({Date Received},{# CTNS} - {CTNS SHIPPED} > 0,{Storage Deadline} <= NOW()
  ),
  "Trigger Reminder"
))

My automation runs only when the deadline reminder column displays “Trigger Reminder.”
Was wondering if there is a way to get it to trigger every month assuming the product has not been fully shipped out.

2 Replies 2

Hey @dustin_lee,

yea you can by setting your current and conditions in automations set up. The trigger has to be “when a record matches conditions”

Thanks

Hi @Dimitris_Goudis,

Thanks for the response! I have it set up as “when a record matches conditions” however it only triggers one time.
Say I receive a shipment of 100 cartons on 10/9/2021. By 11/9/2021 an email does get sent out if there is a remaining balance of the 100 cartons. But when it gets to 12/9/2021, it will not send out a email even if there is a remaining balance and so on. What I’m trying to achieve is have it send an email out every month if there is a remaining balance.