cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujit_Joshi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello.
I am trying to create a set of tables where our employees can fill a form to update the status of an order, and the latest status gets updated to a table which contains all orders.

I have a table which contains details about orders, of which one of the fields is ‘status’. I have created another table with a form view, which has a single selection dropdown menu with different statuses of the order such as ‘Department 1’, ‘Department 2’, and ‘Department 3’. When an employee fills this form, they select the Order ID from a linked field (which is linked to the orders table), type in their name, and select the current status from the drop down. I would like only the latest entry from this Form Entries table to be visible in the status field of the ‘Orders’ table for that respective order.

Any suggestions on how. to make this work? I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide. Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Sujit_Joshi! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This has been documented many times in the forum, though it’s tricky finding those threads in a search, perhaps because none of them talk about Kanban status options specifically. However, that’s because the basic technique works for all kinds of situations, not just finding values from a single-select field (the field type that drives the Kanban view).

Here’s one previous time when I outlined the process. It’ll take a little modification as the user I answered was trying to find the latest record ID, but if you focus on the core principles, you should be able to figure out how to apply this to your situation.