Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: UI for drafting a formula

Solved
Jump to Solution
306 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remoun-tbn
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a UI to build a formula and get the resulting formula? The formula builder for creating views is useful, but I can't seem to find a way to get the formula out of it.

Context: I'm trying to build a formula that filters records by 2 fields, an email field and a date field. What I have so far is: `AND({Notary 1 email (email)} = '${email}', IS_AFTER({Appt Date/Time (date)}, TODAY())` but the Airtable API request fails with a cryptic error: "The formula for filtering records is invalid: Invalid formula. Please check your formula text."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
remoun-tbn

Oh but putting the datetime string in single-quotes seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks!

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hmm, I don't know of any such UI I'm afraid

For your specific issue, I suspect it's due to using "TODAY()" in the API request, which I don't think is accessible in that form.  I would try:
1. Creating a new formula field with the formula "TODAY()" called "Today" or something
2. Updating the formula filter to be:

AND({Notary 1 email (email)} = '${email}', IS_AFTER({Appt Date/Time (date)}, {Today})

Lemme know if that doesn't work and I'll see what I can do

Interesting idea. I tried passing in the timestamp as an ISO8601-formatted string rather than using `TODAY()`, that didn't work either -- I'm still getting the same "Invalid formula" error

remoun-tbn

Oh but putting the datetime string in single-quotes seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks!