cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amykalra
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Airtables and I'm trying to figure out some formulas. For now, I'm trying to figure out training completion from my base. The 'Training Completed' field is a multi-selection field (also a linked field) that shows all training an employee has completed. I want to create a formula where if a person has completed Training A and Training B, then the result is 'completed'. So basically, out of the many options that present themselves in the multi-selection field, I need to select 2 specific pieces of training that indicate that a program has been completed. I've tried using the IF (FIND) formula. I'm getting part of it correct, where I've just included Training A, but when I try to add in Training B, the formula doesn't work. This is what I have so far:

IF(FIND("Training A", {Training Completed}), "Completed", "Not Completed") 

I need to add in Training B to the mix as well. Can anyone help me with this? 
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Add an "AND()" in there, so something like

IF(
  AND(
    FIND("Training A", {Training Completed}),
    FIND("Training B", {Training Completed})
  ), 
  "Completed", 
  "Not Completed"
) 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Add an "AND()" in there, so something like

IF(
  AND(
    FIND("Training A", {Training Completed}),
    FIND("Training B", {Training Completed})
  ), 
  "Completed", 
  "Not Completed"
) 

Thank you Adam, I'm trying this, but now it's not pulling up any results. 😞 Not sure what to do....

Interesting!  Could you share a screenshot of your table with some example data please?

Hi Adam, your formula did indeed help me. I realized that for the second training, I actually had to pull from another tab. That's where I was going wrong. But with your formula and having corrected the second tab, it worked. 🙂