1036 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeke_Fraint
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to set up a Zap that will send an email on a date, to a person, based on a Date or Formula (date) Field?

8 Replies 8

Hi @Zeke_Fraint - here’s how I would do this:

If this is your table:

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 20.14.27.png

“Date” is the field you want to use to drive the Zap and, obviously, “Email” is the person you want to send the email to.

Now create a view on this table, call it “Zapier Records” and have a filter where the date is on or before “today”:

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 20.14.17.png

Tomorrow (28th) the 3rd record will appear in this view as the 28th will be on or before today.

You can now trigger your Zap using this view, using the “new record in view” trigger:

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 20.19.56.png

Connect this to a Zapier Email component and you are set to go.

JB

Zeke_Fraint

Thanks, @JonathanBowen!

I still need to figure out Zapier.

Can I have more than one email address in the email field?

also, @JonathanBowen, I’m not sure this gets the right filter I’m looking for. The dates I want to email a “heads up” about are future dates, each unique. For example, I have a Field (formula) called “60 days to renewal”. On that date in that field, I’d like to send an email to the account owner letting them know, today is 60 days until Client X’s renewal is up. FWIW, I’d also like to automate a calendar event to the same effect.

Does that explain further?

Thanks!

Yes - in the Zap, I think you can set more than one email address. These might need to be in separate email fields in AT to get this to work easily, otherwise, you might have to parse a comma-separated list from a single AT field in Zapier which is a bit more tricky

JB

OK, so that can be done too with a small tweak. Have a field “days to renewal” with the formula:

DATETIME_DIFF({Renewal Date}, TODAY(), 'days')

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 21.27.13.png

and in the Zapier view change the filter to be when:

days to renewal <= 60

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 21.27.02.png

Similar logic applies - when a renewal is due to happen in 60 days, it appears in the Zapier records view and can trigger the email.

JB

Zeke_Fraint

Thanks, @JonathanBowen - why, though, do I need a new Field “days to renewal” if I’ve already got the
“60 days to renewal” Field set up? I want to send the email on that date. How would you suggest doing that?

Yes, there’s a number of different approaches you could take to the data side of this. This is perhaps more like what you are describing:

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 21.39.25.png

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 21.39.31.png

The key point is to get the records you want to email into their own view at the appropriate time so that Zapier can trigger the email.

JB

Zeke_Fraint

Thanks! I think what I want is for the filter to be Field “60 days to renewal” is TODAY. Then, Zapier pulls those that are today and shoots out an email to the email address field. Does that make sense?