2139 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swswales_limite
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, I have moved to air table from a Microsoft access database I built for my service business. I am overall very happy with air table and the new benefits e.g. being able to intergrade with other cloud service; is amazing. I have found ways to implement the functionality using automations and the interface system but compared to the old system but the overall experience still feels a bit clunky and disjointed.

An example of one of my gripes is being able to filter records quickly. In my old system I just typed a couple of words in a search box and it would filter the records for me instantly. I know you can do this with the air table filters but you have to open the filter first, create your filtering criteria and then manually delete your inputs afterwards, it just feel clunky to me…

I suspect I could make things slicker by learning scripting but before going down that route is there a third party ‘front end’ service with search/filtering that I should consider? thanks. Ed

11 Replies 11

Welcome to the Airtable community!

The native filtering/searching is far more powerful than the filtering/searching in any third party ‘front end’ service. Most such services do have a simple search box that is readily available but it is much more limited than Airtable’s filtering/searching.

Have you considered the Search app or an Airtable custom interface?

Hey Ed,

On2Air Amplify is a dashboard app and it has a powerful search feature

Search and Browse Amplify

Apologies for forgetting Amplify! I tend to think of the website portal front ends.

Absolutely, use Amplify.

All good! You’re the best. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks Kuovonne, that’s good to know. Yes I have set up a custom interface but probably need to look into it some more. There is likely some functionality I have missed.

Oh ok, hadn’t see that before. I will take a look. Thanks Hannah

This looks really cool!! Quite similar Interfaces…

Can the Markdown Editor add images to the content? @Hannah_Wiginton

Hey Greg,

We have 2 Markdown options in the Markdown block. You can keep the Airtable-style markdown formatting or you can use regular-style Markdown. It’s an option in our Markdown block.

If you use the regular-style markdown, you can add image URLs as Markdown and they will display in Amplify.

Here’s what it looks like in the Markdown version

2022-05-20_16h53_41

And here it is displayed in Amplify in the split screen Markdown/WYSIWYG tab

2022-05-20_16h54_16

Here’s what you see inside the Airtable field when not in Amplify

2022-05-20_16h55_21

Got it! So the images in the markdown are hosted on Amplify not Airtable. I will check it out thank you!

Not exactly. The markdown images are hosted at whatever public url you store them. This could be on your own server or on a CDN. In the past this could have been the url of an Airtable attachment, but that will no longer be possible come November.

Images will need to be hosted elsewhere. I grabbed that link from an image we have on the On2Air.com website.
So any image you have hosted somewhere you can grab a link, can be used.

As Kuovonne mentioned, previously you could have done this by hosting images in Airtable. However, Airtable is implementing expiring URLs, so that won’t be an option much longer.