Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Airtable Form Customization.

849 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharathy
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I have a Table called Budget. Budget table has multiple fields like Product, Cost, Monthly cost(Jan-Dec), budget year dropdown field, Property list, etc,.

Bharathy_0-1721713662586.png

This is the form for creating a new budget in the budget Table.
I want to list the property name with existing budget data in the Budget Table. If I chose X property Name, That Property Name already has a budget in that table, So I want to list down the budget cycle values only(years 2024, 2025,  2026, etc.,) depending on Property Name.
For example, Property A has budget details with the budget cycle 2024 and 2025. So When I choose Property A in Property Name, Budget Cycle should list only 2024 and 2025. So that I can choose any one of these.

Is that possible?

7 Replies 7

Hello Bharathy,

There is no straightforward solution to your issue to my knowledge, but I may be wrong.

One way to manage it is to add in your table a "Cycle" field for each property:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1721725838736.png

"A Cycle" has options 2024 and 2025

"B Cycle" has options 2025 and 2026

In you form, you first add the "Property" field and the all "Cycle" fields:

Pascal_Gallais_1-1721725973456.png

And you set visibility options for each "cycle field":

Pascal_Gallais_2-1721726081265.png

Finally, you can have a formula field in your table to have a common "Cycle" field for all records:

Pascal_Gallais_3-1721726174337.png

This solution is far from ideal because there is some maintenance when a new property is defined and it is not convenient if you have more that 10 properties.

I would be very interested to know if anyone had a better solution.

Regards,

Pascal

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Bharathy 

You can do this with Airtable’s built-in dynamic filtering, but in my opinion, the much easier and more powerful way of doing this is to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which gives you better control over filtering linked record fields.

Fillout is 100% free and offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachments), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, set advanced field validations & limitations, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more. 

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Hi,

Thank you. But I can't see the filter option in single select field for dynamic filter 🥲.

Try converting "Budget Cycle" to a linked field to a new table?

@ScottWorld 

Hello,

I did use Fillout for a project after reading one of your post and it is indeed a great tool for designing forms. This being said, I ended up doing the same process, ie replecating the "Cycle" field in the above example and showing field A, B or C depending on user's property selection.

Did I miss something with Fillout?

Thanks

Pascal

You would need to switch to linked record fields to get dynamic record selections. Otherwise, your method works fine, too!