1001 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I was just checking out the docs page of airtable interfaces, and this was at the top, updated July 6. 

“While elements-based interface layouts are still currently available, we invite you to try the newer. These layouts offer a more streamlined building process that ensures consistency and efficiency throughout your organization.”

Does that mean they’re completely removing the customizable, drag-and-drop interfaces? 

Is this the plan? Because that would completely kill my interfaces.

6 Replies 6

If so, that would be a disaster that would likely push people to other apps.

However, if Airtable improves those new interfaces to include all the elements and all the drag-and-drop capabilities that we are all accustomed to, then it would be fine.

This has already started with record detail pages. See this thread for more info. 

I was just checking out the docs page of airtable interfaces, and this was at the top, updated July 6. 

Could you please provide a link to the exact page (and a screenshot in case the page changes)?

Thanks. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I was going to ask him to post the same thing, but I found it.

It’s on multiple pages. It’s on any page that references the original interface layouts.

Heres one link, along with the screenshot:

https://support.airtable.com/docs/en/interface-layout-dashboard

IMG_0208.jpeg

Thank you, I saw that page but couldn't get back to it and thought it had been removed.  

Strange that they would be thinking of removing a feature that others are implementing (or trying to).

For example, from Stacker

BillH_0-1690464104072.png

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

If you look at how record detail pages are now made, it's just showing/hiding fields. It removes a lot of the flexibility, and feels just like checking boxes.

I like a lot of the added features, and the potential for mobile interfaces, but it feels streamlined to the point of oversimplification and makes me really worried as to how flexible interfaces will be in the future.