934 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkie
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We manage a vehicle fleet and to make it easy for non-technical staff to add vehicles, I have created simplified interface forms with just the necessary fields (and some optional ones). This is great for adding one at a time, however often we will be adding multiple of the same vehicle. being comfortable with large sets of data myself, it's easy enough to just duplicate the record mulitple times in a grid view, however for users not comfortable with a grid view, is there a way for me to add a dropdown or number field or something to my interface form that will create a number of duplicates equal to the number provided in the dropdown/number field? Or is there another simple way to generate duplicate records? Thanks for any help in advance!

11 Replies 11
wilkie

Hi @Dan_Montoya, just wondering if my "when" statement provided any extra clues?

Hi @wilkie , the automation only runs when an existing record is updated not when a record is created.  When I built the sample I was copying an existing record type not creating a new type.   So you could use your form to create one, then update the record to trigger copies.  Or you could try changing the when to be “when a condition exists” and the condition being the check and remaining cars to build > 0.