Help

From one interface, use a button to add a record to another table with that record referenced

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
776 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jed_Davidow
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am using AT to keep track of parts in manufacturing. My systems use the API to create a single part record in one table, and then add multiple “update” records that keep track of tests or comments. It’s working well.

Now I want to create a manual interface so that users can add tests from the AT website.

I have created an interface with a record picker that selects the Part *using Serial Number). I then have a table element that is attached to all those updates in the other table.

But from there, I want to be able to easily add a new update to the updates table. The grid allows me to edit, but not create an update. I tried another page, and that would work, but I would have to get the user to search for the part with a new record picker.

So either I want to be able to insert a record in the grid (the user can then edit it) or I want to have the record picker on one page set the record picker on a form page.

Is there a good way to do this?

1 Reply 1
Jed_Davidow
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

OK, I created automations that add new updates to my table, and hence the grid. Actually worked pretty well.