cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am attempting to use Airtable's Kanban board in Interface Designer to replace Trello. It's been going really well overall, however, I just realized that Airtable is not letting me change the order of cards in each column. Whenever I drag-and-drop cards up-or-down in the column, they just go right back to the exact same place and order that they were in before without any change. Does anybody know how I can update my Kanban Interface so that I can change the order of my cards within each column? This wasn't an issue until my lists of cards required a scroll bar.

There's not a clear logic to the order the cards are in, however, it appears they might be displayed in the order that the record was created. If so, it would be surprising to me because Record Creation Date isn't a column I'm keeping track of, so I don't know why Airtable would sort by that.

I added a screenshot from the Interface Designer settings showing that the data is set to "Sort" by "None"... so I think I "turned off" sorting of data, even though they're obviously sorted somehow.

Also, I am using "Tabs" to group my tasks, however, there is no "Sorting" filter on these tabs, they are only grouped by one field without any sorting instructions.

TIA for any insight you can provide!

-M

10 Replies 10
Rick-Holzer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi ML,

My first guess was that the order of the cards was driven by the sort order in the source Table. But I found that changing the sort order did not affect the order in the Kanban Interface.

I then thought maybe the cards in the Interface organize from top to bottom based on the order in which they are added to the respective column. I then tested this and found that even though I change the order in which I added cards to a column, they still sorted in the way they originally sorted. Further, they sorted in a way that did not make any logical sense.

I am unable to glean what is driving the sort order. It is not being driven by A-Z sorts in the table, or A-Z in the Kanban column.

My conclusion: May be a bug; may be a feature-request; at the least, it would be great for AirTable Prod-Mgmt/Engineer to weigh in and share what is driving the sort order in the Kanban Interface columns.

Regards,
Rick