Help

Not Using the Primary Field for the Dropdown in Record Summary Interface?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
698 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelbybeck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am creating a record summary interface but am wanting to use a different field than the primary field in my table for the dropdown to search up a record. Is this possible? Is there a work around? It is difficult to use the primary field in our table for searches as it is a code, it would be much simpler to use a different field. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sherman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So the record is a "code", like "THX 1138", and you want to see something more user friendly like "Robert" in the pull-down menu?

Can you shift the code to another column? Probably the easiest solution I know of. If you're using that code as a reference for linked tables, you can add a look-up field maybe? You can also concatenate the primary record field with a formula that combines your code and the easier to view description. 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Sherman

So the record is a "code", like "THX 1138", and you want to see something more user friendly like "Robert" in the pull-down menu?

Can you shift the code to another column? Probably the easiest solution I know of. If you're using that code as a reference for linked tables, you can add a look-up field maybe? You can also concatenate the primary record field with a formula that combines your code and the easier to view description.