Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Show list results (in Interface widget) with a load more option

536 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Jackson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi all, I have a tracking base for our student organization.  It keeps records of each student involved as well as their involvement (ie attendance, rsvp's, even leases).

I'm working to create Interfaces so the other staff members can have a more visually appealing way to view the information.  They are very overwhelmed by the data side of the base haha.  Here's what I'm hoping to do:

I have a List Interface page for the students.  Each student record can be clicked into.  In the Record Detail screen, I want to include the fields that link to the various attendance, rsvp, etc records - these will be view-only, just for reference.  But some of these will have a LOT of records linked in them (for our more active members) and that would be overwhelming.  Is there a way to limit the number of records to, say, the last 5 attendances with a little button to load more if they want to?

So far, I have tried viewing that field as a List which allows me to filter the results to records within the past month (for example).  This would, at least, limit the length of the list returned.  BUT, it does weird stuff to the layout - it won't let me place another field beside it even though it clearly doesn't take up the full width of the screen and could easily allow a second field next it.  There is a really bit space with an unnecessary description field in it that I can't figure out how to hide.  But because it's empty, it creates this really confusing gap between the heading and the information which I think will mislead my staff.  Possibly, if we could just resolve the weird gap, using a list could be a workable solution (though still not ideal).

Any thoughts???

TIA!!!

0 Replies 0