1590 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dem_Po
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Our business is considering moving from FileMaker to Airtable.

We are a digital media production business, with many (hundreds) contractors, clients, and jobs in many different diciplines.

I’d like to
a - Move over the data from Filemaker to Airtable
b - Remake the current FileMaker system with Airtable, with new features.

There’s quite a lot to this, so I need to do a feasibility study to assertain whether everything we want to do is possible in Airtable.

Please message me with your offers.

All questions and enquiries are welcome, but suitable candidate must be an expert in Airtable database creation and be able to understand how digital production workplaces generally function.

This is probably a week’s worth of work (feasibility stage).
If it progresses, we may offer you the job to create the Airtable database.

3 Replies 3
Joseph_Kesisogl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there!

I am coming from the same business and I happen to have worked with Filemaker on a bespoke photo/film production app for a company.

I am also testing and building myself similar structures with AirTable, for business purposes but also figuring out the length of AirTable’s capabilities.

I have already noticed that AirTable on it’s own might be limiting depending on the intended use. The API might probably save the day on complex functions though.

For example, we have some print templates on FileMaker that collect several related records. This is already a feature will probably require use of the API and some programming.

As you also mention, a feasibility study of whether your data scheme can be translated to AirTable is the first thing to be done.

I will need more details to make sure I can help you with this.

Ken_Russell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Friends,

Working on similar set of problems RE Filemaker >> Airtable, and would be delighted to brainstorm.

Possible to touch base some time soon?

Cheers,

Ken

Sophie_Miller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I recently completed a Filemaker server migration, and am well versed with Airtable as well. I would be happy to work with you and go over the feasibility and best practices for migrating.

Best,

Sophie