412 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloyd_C
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable work needed for ongoing development of various platforms communicating with Airtable. The below is one of many projects we are developing.

BACKGROUND:

We are using Airtable to track delays in time-sensitive projects with legal ramifications for time overruns. Each new record (documenting a delay caused by other outside collaborators) is currently being sent out via Zapier/Gmail with URLs in the body of the email to the entire table (via private link) and to the record itself.

This is a good first step for notifying our clients and documenting the delays. But since this line of work has the potential to go legal if the projects go past their contracted completion dates, we need the emails to serve as proper documentation of the delays.

The problem: Emailing URLs that point to dynamic data that can always be altered by us (as the Airtable database owners) wouldn’t give us a strong legal leg to stand on should contracts ever go to court.

NEEDS:

What we need is for these same records to become memorialized

1. upon record creation and
  2. on a regular scheduled intervals (e.g. weekdays at 11:00 PM)

both via PDF attachment to the emails. That way no accusation of us changing the records after the fact could ever be made (as it can now with URLs pointing to dynamic links).

Step 1, upon record creation would be a PDF of the record itself along with it’s JPGs and other fields. Step 2 would be a PDF of the entire ongoing list of growing items.

We want this to be an automated system in which, once the email recipients are entered at the setup, every time a new record is triggered, a PDF is sent of the record, and every weekday at 11:00 PM (or other frequency) the entire filtered Airtable base/records are memorialized via PDF, queued up to email out as attachments and sent.

Since there are multiple bases/projects, with each project having different mailing distribution lists, we’d need a solution that is easily updatable and easily duplicated across multiple bases and for future projects (around 20+ new per year).

2 Replies 2
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Lloyd,
Sounds like an interesting project, and I would be glad to help you out.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Ricky_Jhonson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, I can help you to achieve this project, would it be possible to know a little bit more about it?
Let me please give you my mail adricky.jhonson@gmail.com

Thank you!