cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mnodus_Technolo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all,

I’m looking for help on a particular project. It’s a visual directory of people/things/activities/relationships specific to a particular industry.

I have a base in Airtable with tables setup… The 4 main tables are as follows:

• Person

• Company

• Project

• Relationship

The idea is those 3 main entities (Person/Company/Project) all have relationships to each other… And that those relationships also carry data themselves.

For example… Bill Gates (person) has a relationship to Microsoft (company)… but we also want to know the time range that relationship was valid (from, til), as well as the nature of the relationship (e.g. CEO).

What I want is for this data to be available on a web portal with the ability to search the database and make queries. The queries could be simple:

(e.g. “Show me all PEOPLE who work for MICROSOFT”),

or they could be more complex

(“Show me all PEOPLE who worked on WINDOWS (project) for MICROSOFT (company) between Jan 1, 1995 and Jan 1, 1999.

As the project develops, I would also like to be able to display/manipulate the data geospatially on a map (projects have point coordinates as well as polygon data)… So possibly a tool like Mapbox would be involved.

I’d also like to be able to display/manipulate the data as a sort-of node/network map, perhaps using tools like D3/Vis.JS and React, etc.

But I don’t want to put the cart before the horse… At the most basic I just want to display the data from Airtable onto a web portal and be able to search/filter it. I understand that Airtable isn’t exactly suitable as a backend, so maybe a solution would be to have a 1-way push-button sync from the Airtable database to a more robust database (Postres or Mongo or whatever)… Basically using Airtable as a tool for me to CRUD data.

2 Replies 2
Sofia_Grace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I can help.
Please check PM.

Best Regards,
Sofia G

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi,
I am an experienced developer and would be interested in building this out for you.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew