1008 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Seferyn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have been building out a database in Airtable to track the 199 countries of the world in regards to these kind of data points: strength of passport (visa free countries you can visit, whether you can go visa free to USA, Schengen countries and other top destinations, etc) plus a good number of other metrics.

In each country record, I have started entering how each passport is treated in every other country. I’d like to scrape this data from wikipedia entries such as this: *Visa requirements for Slovak citizens - Wikipedia) and have it merged into my airtable.

The end result is being able to pick any country and see the options for travel in some kind of simplified table or map.

The other data consideration is how visa waivers work i.e. you get X number of days to start and can extend for another Y days for a total of Z days per year.

I’d like to get all this data built out so that I can use it for different kinds of tools (picking a country by rankings for a quiz, designing travel or living plans by visa waivers, etc).

I’d like to discuss with someone who knows how to do this in Airtable.

2 Replies 2

Hi Chris, I’m an Airtable consultant and love building web scrapers :slightly_smiling_face: Please send me an email at rupert.hoffschmidt@gmail.com and we can discuss! Cheers, Rupert

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi - you may find Octoparse user friendly and up to this task - you can do some stuff free of charge and with a paid plan you can schedule scrapes.

Good luck