Help

Re: I would like to pay someone to write a script for an Airtable "Run-Script" automation action

436 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raymond_Stamper
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a small amount of experience writing Airtable scripts within the context of the Airtable automation “Run-Script” action. For example, I’ve written an automation Run-Script which automatically deletes whatever record triggered the automation. However, what I need to do now is a little more complex, and is crucial to my overall goals, so I want to make sure and get it right. I know it is not a big project, but I would be happy to pay someone to write the needed script for me. Here is what I need:

Background:
My Base has two tables: TABLE1 and TABLE2

AUTOMATION STEP 1: The automation will be triggered by “When a record enters a view” in TABLE1
AUTOMATION STEP 2: The next step of my automation is a “Find Record” action which finds a record in TABLE2 that matches the new record from TABLE1 that triggered the automation, based on matching conditions
AUTOMATION STEP 3: The final step of my automation is a “Run-Script” action. This is the part I need help with!

Script I need written:

I need a script to cycle though three fields in the new TABLE1 record from step 1 that triggered the automation (TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD), stopping at each field to assess its value, and if it matches “Yes”, update a field in the TABLE2 record that was found/matched in step 2 of my automation (TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD). Here is my “English language” version of the script logic I need:

• If FIELDNAME1 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD = “Yes”, then update/set FIELDNAME1 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD = “Yes”. But If FIELDNAME1 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD is NOT “Yes”, then do NOT update FIELDNAME1 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD. Next, move on to test another field in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD like this:

• If FIELDNAME2 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD = “Yes”, then update/set FIELDNAME2 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD = “Yes”. But If FIELDNAME2 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD is NOT “Yes”, then do NOT update FIELDNAME2 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD. Next, move on to test another field in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD like this:

• If FIELDNAME3 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD = “Yes”, then update/set FIELDNAME3 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD = “Yes”. But If FIELDNAME3 in TABLE1_TRIGGER_RECORD is NOT “Yes”, then do NOT update FIELDNAME3 in TABLE2_FOUND_RECORD.

That’s it!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. And as I say, I would be happy to pay someone to write it for me.

2 Replies 2
Sofia_CIS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

I would love to assist you with your requirement,

Please reach me at my personal mail or skype to discuss further in details.

Looking forward to discuss with you .

Best Regards,

Sofia

Email : sofia@cisinlabs.com

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Raymond,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be happy to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew