Help

Re: It is possible & can I hire someone to do it?

1029 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Long
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve just discovered AirTable and think it could be an amazing tool for Communications and Student Enrollment work that I’m doing with our non-profit gymnastics club.

Is the following possible?

1. Student Data Base: birthdates, levels, etc, parents, ph# - important is contact email
  2. Events Data Base: 15 or so events will be attended - not all students attend all events - (students event schedules are set according to their Team/Group). In addition to students attending, this data base also needs date, location, schedules, etc - and possibly $cost info
  3. Group/Team Data Base: students are categorized 6-8 different groups; a student may be in more than 1 group - different groups attend different events

Enrollment

• basically eligibility to attend an event depends on the Team/Group the student belongs to
  • multiple Team/Groups attend multiple events
  • student don’t necessarily attend all events they are “invited” to

Needs
To track enrollment of students for the various events
Some kind of RSVP feature - where parents confirm what events they are attending or not attending
Hoping this can be automated via mail merge email - where “invites” are sent and responses are automatically recorded - Thinking that the parent contact can be emailed a Form with yes/no responses for each event - the form should be specific to the events the student is “invited” to
Less important but still appealing is the ability to “publish” the events via a shared view, mail merge email, or on our website: including the list of who is RSVP enrolled
Nice would be to also include the $ cost info for each event - then pull that info into a total cost per student / group

I’ve played around for a few hours now on this and can’t quite see how to pull it off.

If this is possible, I’m sure we would consider hiring an expert to help us implement it.

Thoughts?
Is anyone interested in taking on this project?

7 Replies 7
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Stephen,

This should definitely be possible to implement…

I am an experienced developer and would be glad to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Best Wishes,
Andrew

Gareth_Pronovos
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Stephen,

What you’ve discussed is absolutely possible. I’d be happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your project in more detail. If you’re interested, please schedule some time with me, here.

In the meantime, you might consider checking out a recent video demonstration of publishing a calendar view in Airtable. This might give you some ideas about how your calendar of events might work.

Hope this helps and please reach out if you’d like to chat further.
Gareth

Kelley_Correia
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Definitely all possible - I’m happy to help out as well.

James_kevinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Interested , Please connect - jameskevinn10@gmail.com

Kelley, how can I reach you, to see if you are interested in helping me with my project.
Thanks,
Shawn Martin
pinksuccess@pinksuccess.net

Hi Shawn, my number is 720-346-4026

I spoke with someone and she enlightened me
I no longer need help (hopefully)

I will keep your contact info

thanks

have a great day,

Shawn