1107 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grant_Dailey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am looking for someone to create a simple Wordpress plugin.

I need to pull Airtable records using the API and put them into an HTML formatted table, all wrapped in a custom [shortcode] that can then drop that table into any Wordpress page/post.

I’ve been able to mess with a php function that pulls the specific records I want, however, moving forward to the table and shortcode are outside the scope of my ability.

Key to this is the ability to filter records by a formula where {Field} = Wordpress Post Title. I have my database set for a particular field to match the specific titles of Wordpress custom post types.

This should all be contained within a Wordpress plugin that also creates the shortcode.

Contact me here and let me know if you think you could do this. This would be a one-time project.

10 Replies 10
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Could you not just embed a view/table from airtable into your page/post?

You can set up the view to filter the data as you wish then click the ‘Share’ button to generate embed code that can then be pasted into wordpress.

I already use embed codes. Embeds are fine, but I use Airtable for a team management platform that other employees manage. These employees are not the most code savvy. Pasting embed codes into 30 different Wordpress posts every season is tedious and messy, with a lot of potential for human error.

The solution I proposed above would be something I could program into my Zapier workflow, and let it do the heavy lifting. Also, I could style it :slightly_smiling_face:

This may not be exactly what you’re looking for, but close:

59226d55756a9a946a2a86bdbbc0124e7d4aa372.jpeg

Airpress

Airpress allows you to use your Airtable data inside WordPress as custom fields, virtual posts, and more!

The developer of that plugin is on these forums and could possibly help you out.

Thanks, I do use Airpress for some things. It works well to pull individual fields from particular records. It doesn’t really work to pull whole sets of records to the degree I need it to. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Grant, in case you are still working on this, I just built a simple shortcode plugin roughly to your requirements, except for the data source. It sounds like you have that piece covered with a backend Airtable API process*. I faked a data source with a data file (that an Airtable API fetch could create/update periodically). I posted the shortcode files on github, easy to install, just copy the files to your theme directory. There is documentation.

*For me the Airtable data fetch is too long for a javascript client, I prefer to pull it by proxy on the backend. That is what I did on another project, also in my github.

Hope you find this useful and help you to integrate your code. If not, let me know, I’m happy to help out.
Github tropis

James_kevinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

I can help you with task , please connect with me at email - jameskevinn10@gmail.com

Richard_Hall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello There,
Hope you are doing good.

I have checked the requirement and I can easily accomplish the mentioned Project in minimum cost, As i am having 5+ year of experience in Same domain.

You can add me on Sk(y)pe:live:richard_25370

e(m)ail : Richard(at)talentsfromindia(dot)com

Looking forward for your reply.
I am ready to start work right now.

Best Regards
Richard

Grant_Dailey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks everyone for inquiring. I have found someone that is helping work out a solution.

Thanks for sharing, I will for sure dive into your code.

Ben_Orozco
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect