3226 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kris_Johnson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, been trying out Airtable for a few weeks and believe it may be a helpful project tracking/database tool for my firm.

I run a structural engineering firm in the San Francisco Bay Area with about 20 employees. We initiate about 150 projects per year of varying size. Each project has statuses, phases, timetables, milestones, budgets, unique attributes (e.g. address, type, location, material use, etc) , a client, multiple outside contacts (architect, contractor, soils engineer, etc), and often multiple assigned internal team members (collaborators in Airtable parlance).

I want to create a solution that 1) records each project, its attributes and contacts, 2) tracks projects status, phases, schedules and milestones, 3) provides a weekly workload planning dashboard for each staff member (based upon to-do project tasks), 4) provides staff timesheets, and 5) tracks project budgets.

I am looking for a consultant to 1) advise as to the appropriateness of Airtable as a tool, and 2) if Airtable is appropriate, assist in building the base. I would also be interested if the consultant was familiar with creating apps from Google Sheets using Appsheet, as that may be an alternative solution.

We currently use specialized software called Deltek Vision for project entry, timesheets, invoicing and financials, but this software is way to clunky for our staff to use as a meaningful project management and workload/task tool. Project management is accomplished primarily ad hoc, with Google Sheets, Calendars, Slack and email, and now because of Covid, Microsoft Teams.

We may need some ongoing support, so would appreciate if the consultant was fairly well established. If you have experience building Airtable bases for engineering/architecture or construction, that would be awesome.

Look forward to hearing from an expert.

-Kris

8 Replies 8
Brenkoh
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Kris,

My name is Brendon and I have implemented Airtable for my own events company as a business owner. Feel free to book a call to discuss your requirements and evaluate whether Airtable is suitable for your project via www.calendly.com/automatelabs/consult

Cheers!

Good morning @Kris_Johnson ,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have built exactly what you are asking for to help a contractor manage his projects. Im a civil engineer myself :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to contact me on mohamedswellam@hotmail.com to discuss your requirements more.

You can check out my profile on > Upwork

BR,
Mo

cherry_yang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Kris_Johnson,

Your project is well within my area of expertise and I sent you a private message.

I’m an Airtable consultant and have built databases for various clients. I’d love to speak with you over a Zoom call. You can schedule a time with me here: https://calendly.com/cherryyang/initial-consultation

Here’s my website if you want to know more about my work. https://www.airopsconsulting.org/

Look forward to connecting with you and have a great rest of your day!

Best,
Cherry

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Kris,
Being an experienced Airtable consultant, I can say with great confidence that what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

Lisa_Gilbert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Kris,

I would be glad to assist you. kindly check PM

Regards,
LisaG

cor
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Morning Kris,

We would be interested in discussing your requirements in more detail. Please see my DM for more details.

Thanks
Cor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I’d be happy to discuss some ideas with you, as well as getting a better understanding of how the Airtable will be an asset to your team and business. As a full time freelancer based in the U.S., I am very familiar with Airtable, Web Design, Zapier / Automations, Digital marketing and other online software.

Once we’ve discussed your vision and goals, I can then provide you an accurate price and timeframe to get the project started!

Schedule a free phone consultation via this link: www.wisedesign.co/schedule

To learn a little more about myself, please visit my website: www.wisedesign.co

If you’d like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please do so here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eckline/

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Eric

SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Kris_Johnson

Hope that you are safe, I am an Upwork top-rated consultant,

• 100% Job Success
  • Upwork - Top Rated
  • 5 Star Rates
  • Expert in Airtable / Zapier / Google Apps Script

I´ve been working with similar companies to create project management tracking databases, and also for a couple of construction companies, one in the UK other in Australia.

Just to show you what can I do, here you have some links so you can see my work:

Feel free to schedule a free introduction call at https://calendly.com/chechedotmx/introduction I would be glad to talk about your project.

Best
Sergio