Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillaume_Soto
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,
I have a database with 2 tables.
The first one is the list of invoices (Airtable - Grid view), and the second one is for all the invoice lines (https://airtable.com/shr7SIHWwTSG0oM9H).
I want to create a form to add products in the second table. But first I need to create an entry in the first table (the invoice number) before I can add the items (table 2).
I want to make the process simple, and not have 2 forms to fill in. Do you see a solution? The only solution I have found is to make a first form to add an invoice, and in the reply message it links to adding the rows (Form) but it is not very user friendly, and people can get confused.

I don’t know if I have made myself clear,

Thanks in advance to the community

Guillaume

3 Replies 3

You can chain Airtable forms together with the redirect url and prefilling the record id of the linked field. However, I generally do not recommend this.

Another option is to really use one form, with placeholders for all the possible line items that are displayed conditionally. Then have an automation script move the data to the proper linked records.

Guillaume_Soto

Thank you for your answers.
I would prefer a free solution. For the moment, I dont see an easy and free solution…
At least, I understand my question was not that stupid :winking_face: