1775 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I hope to create a portal for my employees to clock in/clock out using Airtable and Airpress, so I can tie their hours back to specific jobs.

Is there a way to create user authentication in Airpress which would then automatically select the appropriate employee record in Airtable and allow that user to only modify records related to themselves?

Thanks,
Chris

@Chester_McLaughlin

5 Replies 5
Felicity_Evans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to do something similar. I am planning on using forms, and an automation tool like zapier to match on email address.

Sam_Davyson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don’t know if either of you are still looking for a solution to this, but I have been building a portal product on top of Airtable which would provide this functionality. Have a look here if you are interested: https://stacker.app

Hi Sam! I have a very specific case to use Stacker, I would like to contact you directly. What’s the best way?

Felicity_Evans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I ended up using:
Wordpress user profiles - to handle the logins
Airtable - for the data
Airpress - for the integration

This worked quite successfully. In the profile field in wordpress there is a “website” field which I use to insert the dynamically created profile page url. This page then pulls in unique data from airtable for each user.

Matthew_Bee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Felicity
I am trying to do something similar, are you able to provide a little more information please? I am stuck at which php to use…
Thanks
Matt