449 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HVJF_Executive_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Trying to connect Airtable to MailChimp using Zapier but keep experiencing errors that no email address is found. Goal is to enter contacts for local business owners in Airtable and also have them automatically added to our email list.

Anyone having good luck using Zapier to update a MailChimp list who might tell me what I’m missing?

It appears that when we enter a name of a person in Airtable it’s creating a record, which triggers our zap in Zapier. Well, if the email is not the first thing we enter it seems like it’s too late, the zap is already triggered and the email is not sent to Mailchimp. So my question is how to make a record create zap work where it’s not so quick to send the data that some of the data isn’t there yet.

1 Reply 1

Zapier is extremely limited in its Airtable capabilities, because it will only trigger once per record and never again for that record… so you have to be very careful about how your zap is triggered, unless you use a JavaScript scheduling hack like this one to schedule your zap on a regular basis.

However, the better, cheaper, more seamless, more anti-fragile, and more professional way of handling this would be to use the vastly superior Integromat instead, which has full Airtable support & none of the limitations of Zapier.

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Registered Integromat Partner to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com. I can also help you set this up in Zapier as well, if you want to do the JavaScript schedule hack.