766 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Muyrong
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I have recently made an integration with airtable and google docs to create documents via webhook. I’m trying to figure out a way to integrate this document to docusign via ‘send a document to sign’ module but can’t figure out how to set this up.

Are there any integromat experts here? or anyone who have a similar use case as mine? Hoping to find some answers as this will really help our company automating our workflow

2 Replies 2
Michaela_Staff1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Ian_Muyrong - Found the original thread, so I thought I’d reply here :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t actually need a Google Doc in the process here at all. The easiest way would be to pass data from Airtable straight into your esignature app. DocuSign, however, is not the wisest choice, since it does not allow you to easily pass variables (name, email addresses, phone numbers, etc) from Airtable. It could be doable with the “Make an API Call” module but that is a more advanced process to work through.

So I guess the question is how “married” you are to DocuSign. I know that PandaDoc is much friendlier in this aspect. A while ago, we created a post on passing info from Typeform to PadaDoc and generating docs to be signed. So you can totally check it out for inspiration. There’s also a pre-made template for this use case :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Michaela! Thanks for this. Our company is really happy with DocuSign and we’d like to stick by it as much as we can. That being said, I’m open to checking other signing platforms that will enable us to make our workflow more efficient.

To update you, I was actually able to make use of the ‘send document to sign’ module of docusign in integromat. It enabled me to pass on a document made with google docs then passed on details of signatory from airtable. One deal breaker is that it can’t configure signing order and envelope expiration. A work around I’m doing right now is to make it as a draft as a default instead of sending it to the signers right away. I know this will require a manual step for us to edit the draft to enable signing order and envelope expiration but this is definitely better than our current workflow.

By the way, I have no experience in coding/scripts so making an API call is something I’m not familiar with. However I already asked from our IT team if they can help me on this extra step :slightly_smiling_face: