2591 18
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lercio_Pinto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone, my first post here, looking for some help.

I am trying to Send an email every time a new record show in my View.
The problem I am facing is the fields that are “Linked to” are showing up encoded, I want it to show the actual result in the email.
For exemple:
Name: John Webb
is showing up as
Name: ecLSgtZ3ZsfIejGD

Print screen added.Captura de ecrã 2020-05-07, às 09.36.40

Hope you can help me find a solution for this.
Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lercio_Pinto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I guess when we spend too many hours in front of the same problem we are not productive. And you can write that for eternity.

In these last 43minutes I figured it all out. Thank you very much for your help.

In summary I had to add a Record ID for every table that I wanted to search. And use the record ID that is sent to Zapier to search for the Customer Name(This table also sends me the car owned by this customer), then, I use the Car Record ID to search (In a total of 2 ZAP’s) for the Car itself.
Complex, but easy to figure out once you give yourself permission to breathe.

See Solution in Thread

18 Replies 18

Hey there - You’ll need to add a search step before you can use this data.

So use the record value “ecLSgtZ3ZsfIejGD” to search the other table, which will contain the email value you need.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your answer, but you have to be a little more specific.
I am fairly new to Airtable and Zaps. When exactly should I be doing the search? Before or after the email?
My goal is to have the exact result(The Customer Full name) delivered to my email.
Can I automate the search you are talking about ?

Before the email (So right before that task you showed us in the first post). You are essentially using the record value to perform a search. Once you do, all the data will be available for that person.

I think I am even more confused now.
In the picture I showed you on first post I am using “Record D” as an exemple on what data to find, correct?
I don’t quite understand what I should be doing. Do another zap is that it?

Yes - But then you want to use this value : “recLSgtZ3ZsfIejGD” to search for the record in the table where John is kept.

So after that screenshot, run a “search airtable” task with that record ID and search by “Record ID” pulling in that value - John will be pulled through, and you’ll be able to use his details in subsequent steps

I wasnt finding that search part on zapier thats why I wasn’t understanding. Thank you for answering.
I am having trouble though with matching the results, heres a print screen, maybe you can help me.Captura de ecrã 2020-05-07, às 11.34.29

Base is correct, table is where the original Clients are, and the Field is the original one for the Name field.
The record id, is the the one I get on my email for this Client.
It is giving me an error, like this
Captura de ecrã 2020-05-07, às 11.37.52

Change search by from “name” to “record ID” and you’ll find the data you’re looking for

That’ll do it :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

I am getting this error :frowning:
Thnak you for taking your time to help me.
Captura de ecrã 2020-05-07, às 11.55.07

Can you show me what the query was please? (how you formatted the request?)