2272 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howard_Krieger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to program certain fields to perform iterative calculations in Airtable. Does anyone know what coding language is acceptable to program a data field?

Or, do I have to run some other application (e.g. google sheets, excel, access, etc.), have that application pull airtable data, and then have it push back that data to Airtable?

thanks

4 Replies 4

You can use whatever language you like with the API. I personally use Python scripts to manipulate data in and out of Airtable.

Howard_Krieger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

David, would have ability to talk more about this offline? I’m a novice with this stuff, and would benefit from a brief discussion on how airtable and various apps can work together virtually without me having to have my laptop up and running 24/7. Thanks, Howard

Brett_Rennie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey fellas, hope you’re well. I’m really keen to hear the result of this one? How’d you go Howard?

Best,
Brett

Welcome to the Airtable Community, @Brett_Rennie

Howard has not visited these forums since 2019, so it is unlikely that he will reply to your post. Plus, Airtable has released several new features in the past few years.

However, please feel free to start your own post asking your own question with a few more details about what you are trying to accomplish and whether or not you are using the REST API.