Help

Re: Are respondents required to create an airtable account to fill out a form?

Solved
Jump to Solution
3175 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am creating my first form. I am trying to test it, so I open an incognito tab and use a different email address to try to fill out the form. It goes like this

Enter URL
"You're almost there... Please enter your email address to fill out this form"
I enter a different email address, not associated with my airtable account. Click "continue"
"Create your free account" -> prompts me to enter my "work email" and click continue
ANOTHER "Create your free account" page, this one prompts me to enter full name and a password. At this point I give up. There is a progress bar on the bottom that implies there are several steps to creating an account. I just need people to be able to fill out my form quickly.

I need the ability to have respondents fill out a form without having to jump through all these hoops and create an airtable account. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just how the forms work? And if this is how the forms work, is there a third party form I could use instead that won't require this?

I do not have any restrictions on the form. It is not password protected, and it is not restricted to a certain domain.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Do you have "See who submitted a response to the form" selected? It's at the bottom of the page where you build the form and it requires respondents to login to submit the form.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Do you have "See who submitted a response to the form" selected? It's at the bottom of the page where you build the form and it requires respondents to login to submit the form.

Ah wonderful! Thank you so much. This fixed it.

Thank you!  This issue was blocking months of progress in our project and your answer fixed it!

Also, I had to go to my PC because forms don’t work on iPhones or iPads.  This may help others.

nice