cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anielloverde
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Dear Airtable,

The last 24 hours as your paying clients were just awful.

After upgrading our plan to Team and successfully paying for your service, the upgrade was correctly reflected in our workspace feature summary which shows 4,466 of 50,000 records, and 0 GB for all the other indicators. Despite that, the base has remained limited since our payment causing us major business impact and problems of all sorts with our web application.

What is worse - and it is frankly upsetting for customer - is the astonishing support that has been provided so far. I made sure to describe the situation clearly in a ticket yesterday (00743786). I did receive one reply from a support agent. The reply appears to be a simple copy-paste that is not related to the questions, a practice which honestly should require Airtable's investigation. Your clients pay for your service, they expect a reasonable level of support.

Since then, there was full silence from your team despite me attempting to reach out to you via separate tickets. You can definitely do better.

I see many other users reported the same problem throughout the years and, ironically enough, you have marked all those conversations as "solved" (well, you haven't solved any it seems). Is this the best I can expect as a paying customer?

Appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Aniello Verde

3 Replies 3
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @anielloverde,

Confirming here that our Support team has followed up with you directly. Thank you for the feedback and for being a member of the Community.

Hi MaddieJ,

Yes, they have. Thank you.

The issue persists but I appreciate being contacted by your Support team. I hope the technical issue will be resolved as well.

anielloverde

Just an update:

We are now over 48 hours with a persistent problem. I would like to make clear the below:

• If my understanding is correct, Support requested to delete the database and restarting it from scratch. This isn't an option. Under those conditions, we would rather migrate to an alternative provider. I have been reading years-old Community posts about this problem, and Support acknowledged this is a known issue. I am very surprised this issue has not been resolved yet at engineering level. Airtable may want to note that take remediation measures. Requesting your clients to delete a database after upgrading is at least unexpected and unusual.
  • We have a whole business line that depends upon Airtable. After upgrading, this business line has been fully impacted with functionality reduced to zero. Support engaged the Engineering team, which I appreciate. I would like to request a timing for resolution. I understand it's impossible to provide a precise deadline. I am not asking that. I am asking a mere estimate of a reasonable timing. That is critical for our business planning.
  • I would like to encourage Airtable to address known issues like this one, or at least to be transparent about them. If I had been told our functionality would halt after upgrading or even only that there was such risk, I would have never started using Airtable in the first place. I understand that may hurt Airtable business but, if that is a concern, it would be even more critical for Airtable to resolve this problem. I remark I never experienced anything like this with any other vendor in my whole professional life.

Regards,

Aniello Verde