cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ttbomk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, Airtable Team! :wave:

Cloud file attachment (GoogleDtive, OneDrive, Box etc.) take up space in the dedicated storage?

Best regard,
Andrey Ttbomk

Airtable

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, because if you upload those files, then they will live in Airtable’s cloud storage space (which is actually just storage space they’re purchasing from box.com).

To avoid hitting the attachment limits, you could just leave your files in their previous cloud storage locations, and just store their URL’s in Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, because if you upload those files, then they will live in Airtable’s cloud storage space (which is actually just storage space they’re purchasing from box.com).

To avoid hitting the attachment limits, you could just leave your files in their previous cloud storage locations, and just store their URL’s in Airtable.

Hey ScottWorld,  I have the Pro plan with the 20GB of attachment space on an Education plan. I'm tracking inventory for our Jr. College with 6k+ of fixed assets.  Some of the records have multiple attachments.  I've broken the base into three volumes to be able to keep the attachments.  This however makes it difficult to search for records because of having to jump between bases.  We don't want to move to the Enterprise plan because of cost constraints.  I have emailed Airtable to see if they might increase our attachment space, we would pay for the increased space.  I've tried using Make & Cloudinary to save the attachments and then send a URL back to Airtable that would allow me to delete the attachments.  However this has been cumbersome, It would be a better design to just do it all within Airtable.  Can you think of any work-arounds ?

Thanks in Advance for your feedback.

Pablo