1302 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alli_Schaaff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi community, I’m trying to automatically pull Files uploaded to Salesforce into an Airtable record.

Currently, I’m using Zapier to create a record in Airtable every time a Salesforce opportunity moves to Closed Won. When this happens, I have some automation in Salesforce that checks a box on the Opportunity Products which prompts Zapier to create a new Airtable record for each Opportunity Product.

The one thing I can’t figure out how to pull in automatically is attachments. We attach the contract to the Salesforce opportunity, and I’d like this to pull into Airtable and attach to the relevant Opportunity Products.

Has anyone had luck automatically attaching files using Zapier, Tray.io, or another tool? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Alli_Schaaff!

Yes, you can send attachments to Airtable using Zapier.

The trick is that you must send the URL of the attachment to Airtable, not the actual file itself.

Then, Airtable will copy the file from that URL and embed that file into your base (and it will create its own new URL for that attachment as well).

Thank you, @ScottWorld!

That’s extremely helpful to know! How would you suggest retrieving the File URL from the Salesforce Opportunity in a repeatable fashion, so Zapier can just chug along in the background?

BTW in Salesforce, we use Files, not Notes & Attachments - not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!!

Hi @Alli_Schaaff!

Oh, sorry, I don’t know anything at all about Salesforce.

I was just giving you the big picture overview of how anybody is required to bring attachments from another system into Airtable — attachments are always brought in via URL.

So I would talk to your Salesforce developer about how to get URLs for your files.

Hope this helps!