7917 15
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Werner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - new here - this is probably an easy question. I did search the forums but perhaps not using the correct terminology.

I am trying to create an aggregate view summarizing data from a form people are filling out on a website.

They are selecting from a dropdown indicating their geographical location - there are 40 or so selections to choose from.

I then want to count all the people that choose a particular region and display that data

People who chose A = 23
People who chose B= 16
and so on…

I am close…I have created a linked table based on the selection - problem is that the drop down field can only be a dropdown field (field A) - I cannot also link that field to the new table displaying the aggregate data.

So my solution was to make a new field (field B) in the initial table and link that - it works, but only if I manually copy the value from field A to field B.

So my question is - when someone fills out the form online, how to I make the Table automatically copy the entry from field A to field B to summarize the data.

Please and thanks!

Brian

15 Replies 15

Elias did you by chance have a moment to look at this? Very appreciated…

Brian

I don’t understand what you’re trying to do.

If you want only to count Petitions by Type Of Organization, you could Group them. Also, as @Andy_Lin said, you could convert it to a Linked Record field, so in the new Types Of Organizations table you would have linked the petitions, and you could add a Count field to every type.

Explain in plain words what do you want to achieve, please.

Brian_Werner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ok here goes.

People are going to sign our petition (embedded Airtable form). They will of course indicate a variety of info on it and then it will dump into our DB

We would like to display that aggregate info on the next page of the website, to show people how many (not necessarily who) has signed, what type of signers from what territories, etc. We would like to display that on a table like this: https://www.members4reform.org/tally and like this: https://www.members4reform.org/tally-by-type

So collecting the info is straight forward, but where I am getting stumped is how to get the data to collect properly in the table “Aggregate Individuals.” I want a total number of people who have signed per Co-op Membership. They part where I am stuck is in getting a total number of signers. I don’t necessarily want to display all the peoples names.

So I created a linked table (Aggregate Individuals) based on the field Co-op membership which does aggregate the names like I want, but where I am stumped is getting the total number of signers.

When the Co-Op Membership field is configured as a “drop down” it does not seem like I can also make it a “Link to another record” where I can aggregate. So I created the field “Membership Copied” which is a Link to table “Aggregate Individuals.” But I cannot figure out how to make this field automatically pull the data from the “CO-OP Membership” drop-down field.

Like wise once the table “Aggregate Individuals” is created I cannot figure out how to automatically update the “Total signed” field based on number of entries in the “Signed Petition” field.

I hope this makes at least half-sense.

Thank you so much for looking at this

Brian

Why? You can configure it as Linked Record, and it converts automatically, creating the new Table and Records. The other idea I have is to copy the Single Select value to the “copied field” value (Linked Record) with Zapier, so you have the link in the aggregate table.

Because it can’t be both a drop-down to select and a Linked Record?

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you would like to simply automate a copy/paste process, we’ve built a tool that allows to do that.

Copy Value from One Airtable Field to Another