I have an automation set to create a new record which is triggered when another record enters a view. All is going swimmingly until i try to get the automation to copy the UPC field to the new record. I’ve tried formatting as a number, text, single select… I have other fields that are also formatted in a similar nature, and they are copying over just fine. I don’t see any other characters in the cells.
I might seriously launch my computer across the room!!!
Don’t launch your computer! It can be so frustrating when you just need that one thing to work, and it SHOULD, but you can’t see why it isn’t. I can’t count the days I’ve spent on things like that =P
Anyways, I’m not sure if it’s a solution for you but I have a thought you can explore.
In my own experiences playing with the scripting block, automation, ect. I learned that certain number fields are stored within arrays. In those cases, I needed to get the first item in the array rather than the array itself – in order to perform certain functions. Perhaps this is what is happening to you. Not sure if you can see a full log or do a console.log with your current method, but if so – see if your numbers are surrounded by square brackets ‘ie [a]’ and if so they are being passed as arrays.